The Kingdom of Arnor
This page concerns the Rangers of the North faction, often simply referred to as Arnor.
Currently, the Rangers are ruled by the High-King Elendil_The_Tall. Elendil succeeded Nazdrul, who succeeded Elendil, who succeeded Skelesam, who succeeded the original Chieftain Hell_Metallicus. The Arnorian capital is currently Tharbad, although this is temporary. The official title of the King of Arnor is: The High-King of Arnor, Chieftain of the Dúnedain, Commander of the Northern Dúnedain.
Players from this faction represent the last descendants of the Númenóreans in the northern half of Middle-Earth, and dwell mainly in the regions of Eriador, the Eriador Downs and in Arnorian Enedwaith.
While RP is generally not preformed, members are more than welcome to engage in RP to enhance their gameplay experience.
In canon, Arnor ruled over all of Eriador from the foothills of the Blue Mountains to the Gwathló River in the east. On the server, Arnor currently holds domain over all of Eriador and the Eriador Downs, The Angle, The Shire, Breeland, the western half of the Lone-Lands as well as the northern half of Enedwaith.
Click here to see the Ranger Builds.
Currently, there is no designed Prince/Heir of Arnor, however should Elendil resign or no longer be able to lead Arnor for any reason, the leadership of Arnor will fall to Combobob, the Steward of Arnor.
After Elendil and Combo are the three High-Lords of Arnor; RomanGuy1453 as High-Lord of Arthedain, TheBaryonyx as High-Lord of Cardolan and HarrMac as High-Lord of Rhudaur. Below these three players are the regular Lords and Free-Lords, normal Rangers and the Recruits.
The Kingdom of Arnor is structured in a hierarchical system, with multiple ranks and titles. Ranks are generally awarded by the High-King or by a vote of the Moot, while titles are just honorifics which accompany various ranks.
Ranks and Titles
The following list is of all current ranks in use by members of the Kingdom of Arnor;
Recruit: The rank of all non-ranger members seeking to join the faction.
Ranger: The basic rank of all faction members, Rangers have access to the factions discord as well as inclusion in the 'Coalition of Dawn' discord should they choose to accept it. Rangers have the right to vote in all public votes concerning the faction.
Lord: Lords are the basic governor rank, ruling over one of the provinces of Arnor. Lords have access to the 'Moot/Senate' wherein most of the administrative duties of the faction are handled, as well as 'Council-Votes'. Lords can initiate diplomacy with other factions, however they are not legally able to sign treaties or declare war.
Free-Lord: Players with this rank are Lords, just without provinces to govern. Currently, there is no restriction on Free-Lords having access to the Moot/Senate, however they do not have access to 'Council Votes'. As with normal lords, Free-Lords can initiate diplomacy with other factions, however they are not legally able to sign treaties or declare war.
High-Lord: This rank represents the leaders of the three Diocese' which Arnor has. High-Lords act as stewards to the provincial capitals of lords in their regions which have gone inactive, or for various reasons cannot execute their duties on the server. Apart from this, High-Lords have 'Generalship Authority', meaning they can declare war without consulting the High-King or Moot/Senate, however this power is only used in extreme circumstances. As well, High-Lords have the authority to negotiate and sign treaties on behalf of the faction.
Steward: the Steward of Arnor is a special position which is not attainable via vote of the Moot/Senate, only the High-King may appoint a player to this position, and that player retains this position until they retire, or if the king appoints a new Steward. The player with this rank is 3rd highest ranked member of Arnor, behind only the Crown Prince and the High-King. As such, the Steward can sign treaties and declare war on behalf of the faction.
Crown-Prince/Heir: the designated replacement for the faction leader should they ever resign, the Crown-Prince/Heir has all of the authority of a Steward, meaning they can sign treaties, negotiate and declare war on behalf of the faction. The player who attains this rank is the 2nd most powerful person in the faction.
High-King: The leader of Arnor, the High-King is invested with ultimate power, being able to promote/demote people, add/remove or restructure provinces at will as well as engage in diplomacy within the 'White Council'. Only through sheer amount of time spent within the faction, as well as a multitude of other factors can a member even hope to attain this position. It should go without saying, but the High-King is the most powerful person in the faction.
The following list is of all current titles in use by the members of the Kingdom of Arnor;
- General - held by the High-Lord of Arthedain (RomanGuy1453)
- Admiral - held by the High-Lord of Cardolan (TheBaryonyx)
- Commander - held by the High-Lord of Rhudaur (HarrMac)
- Coalition of Dawn Representative - held by RomanGuy1453 & TheBaryonyx
- Ambassador of Buckland - held by Combobob
- Chancellor of Fornost - held by Combobob
- Master Recruiter - held by JJofJ
- Keeper of Relics - held by the designated Prince/Heir of Arnor (N/A)
The following list is of all current Honorary Rangers;
- Brickfix possesses the honour of the First Captain in recognition of his services to the faction.
- Skelesam was Second Chief and one of the longest serving Rangers.
- Hell_Metallicus is the former Chieftain and the Lord of Fornost.
- Hhisme, formerly Lord of Lond Daer
- Nazdrul, the fourth Chieftain of Arnor
All of the above are senior players and have been with the Rangers for years, and have provided great council to faction, the King, and the Allies of Arnor.
The Regions and their respective Lords
The land of the rangers are split into 10 Provinces, each ruled by a Lord* and 3 Diocese', each ruled by a High-Lord.
Note: The Shire is ruled by a Governor-Thane, which is still a lordship, just under a different name.
These are the provinces of the Arnor
- Fornardhon. Lord: Elendil_The_Tall. Capital: Annúminas
- Annùndor. Lord: RomanGuy1453. Capital: Minas Thor
- The Shire. Governor-Thane: Combobob. Capital: N/A
- Breeland. Lord: Mazerinth. Capital: Bree
- Minhiriath. Lord: LegoOskar. Capital: Tharbad
- South Downs. Lord: JJofJ. Capital: Minnas Alqua
- The Angle. Lord: Combobob. Capital: Fennas Drunin
- Northern Enedwaith. Capital: Lond Daer
- Northern Lone-Lands. Lord: HarrMac. Capital: N/A
- Southern Lone-Lands. Lord: aartpaard. Capital: N/A
The Diocese System
The Diocese' are essentially super-provinces which are made up of groups of provinces. Currently, there are three Diocese' in place, each corresponding to the three Arnorian successor states in canon (Arthedain, Cardolan and Rhudaur). This administrative unit is governed by a High-Lord, one of the Lords belonging to a province in their respective Diocese. The High-Lords provincial capital also act as the capital for their Diocese.
The intention of the Diocese is to create a mid-tier administration group, larger then just one province yet smaller then the entire kingdom. High-Lords have the responsibility to act as the steward to any provincial capital in their regions should a lord of their Diocese go inactive.
The current structure of the Diocese system is as follows:
- The Diocese of Arthedain
- High-Lord: RomanGuy1453
- Capital Province: Annúndor
- Capital City: Minas Thor
- Listed Provinces
- The Shire
- The Diocese of Rhudaur
- High-Lord: HarrMac
- Capital Province: Northern Lone-Lands
- Capital City: N/A
- Listed Provinces
- The Angle
- Northern Lone-Lands
- Southern Lone-Lands
- The Diocese of Cardolan
- High-Lord: TheBaryonyx
- Capital Province: Northern Enedwaith
- Capital City: Lond Daer
- Listed Provinces
- South Downs
- Northern Enedwaith
This is a list of all members of the faction. It includes the day they became an official member (where possible) and titles for those who have one or more (Ranks and Titles NOT in bold are no longer held by the player which they are attributed to). Not all of these players are concidered active.
The players are sorted in alphabetical order:
- _creepersbane (Retired)
- Annui_Naur (3/2019)
- Balodil_Goldhand (3/2018)
- Barking3086 (3/2018)
- Beaver_Gamer (6/2018)
- Brickfix (Retired)
- CashCowboy (4/2019)
- chanchansodacan (10/2017)
- chloeejbeau (3/2017)
- Combobob (6/2015) (Steward of Arnor, Chancellor of Fornost, Lord of The Angle, Ambassador of Buckland, Governor of The Shire 1st High-Lord of Rhudaur)
- craftypig8 (9/2017)
- Druskor (3/2019)
- EEofE (6/2015)
- Elendil_The_Tall (6/2015) (High-King, Lord of Fornardhon)
- Emil_2013 (6/2016)
- Erathil (Free-Lord, Lord of Eryn Vorn)
- GajaHasFallen (Retired, Lord of the Westerlands, 2nd General)
- Gandolf_Greyhame (Retired)
- General_Gandalf (Retired)
- HarrMac (High-Lord of Rhudaur, Commander, Lord of the Northern Lone-Lands, Lord of Northern Enedwaith, 1st Admiral)
- Helcar (Free-Lord, Lord of the North Downs)
- Hhisme (Free-Lord, Lord of Lond Daer)
- J0XU (1/2018)
- Jakar_Felix (Retired)
- JimmyPage13 (Retired, Lord of the Westlands, 3rd General)
- JJofJ (6/2015) (Lord of the South Downs, Master Recruiter)
- LegoOskar (12/2015) (Lord of Minhiriath, Prince of Arnor)
- Mazerinth (Lord of Breeland)
- Nallekarkki02 (1/2016)
- Nazdrul (4th Chief, Retired)
- paul673 (8/2016) (Free-Lord)
- paulsmallsmith (2/2017)
- RomanGuy1453 (5/2016 ) (High-Lord of Arthedain, 4th General, Lord of Annúndor, 1st General)
- Schopenhauer3000 (3/2019)
- Skelesam (2nd Chief, retired)
- Tarixxiv (Retired)
- TheBaryonyx (4/2018) (High-Lord of Cardolan, 2nd Admiral, Lord of Northern Enedwaith)
- TheWhizzyCat (9/2017)
- ViktorTheCow (6/2017)
- Yareel (6/2015)
Becoming a Ranger of the North
Once a player has been accepted as a Recruit, they must acquire +200 alignment with the Dúnedain Rangers as well as complete four 'Recruitment Quests' which are assigned by the Lords of the faction. In the event that a Recruit cannot find more than two Lords, each Lord is authorized to give a Recruit up to two quests. These quests are simple in that recruits must either unlock waypoints in a biome, acquire gear/items for themselves or a mixture of the two.
Once a Recruit has finished all of the above requirements, they will partake in the Recruit Ceremony, wherein the will receive a maxed set of Arnorian Armour and be promoted to Ranger. Once someone becomes a ranger, they are eligible after a certain period of time for promotion to Lord. If someone does receive a promotion to Lord, they will be eligible for promotion, again after a certain period of time, to the higher positions in the faction such as High-Lord.
Oath of the Rangers of the North
- As a Ranger of the North, I shall protect the Free People and defend the Fallen Kingdom of Arnor with my life.
- I will never harm an innocent, and I will consider their life as the most important thing of all.
- I will act with honor and stay loyal to my brothers, even in the worst situations.
- I will fight with courage during wartime, and act with wisdom during peacetime.
- I will know how to use every weapon to fight the Evil efficiently.
- As a Dúnedain, I am friend to the men of Gondor , the last great kingdom of men.
- As a man, I am friend to the men of Rohan and Dunland .
- I am friend to the Elven kin, who helped us during hard times, and call the elves Mellon (friend).
- I am friend to the Dwarven kin, who fought the orcs bravely for centuries.
- I am friend to the Hobbits , who served Arnor for centuries.
NOTE: it is not necessary to recite or even memorize this oath, and it is here simply for RP purposes.
The following list of faction laws are to be followed by ALL members of the faction
- Show respect to all players, friend or foe.
- Internal disputes are to be resolved by a Lord. If this cannot be accomplished, the matter will be brought before a higher authority (Steward, High-Lord, Prince or King).
- No stealing from anyone, especially other Rangers.
- Do not disclose sensitive or important faction information of any kind unnecessarily.
- Players of all ranks have the right be heard during an assembly of the Moot/Senate.
- Any decision voiced by the King, or by a representative of the King (i.e. 'In the name of the King of Arnor etc...) are considered final however, players have the right to ask that such decisions be reconsidered and/or held to a vote.
- Do not actively harm the reputation of the faction.
- If you are killed, do not immediately threaten war on that persons faction.
- Avoid unnecessary arguments or excessive swearing.
- Do not attempt to blackmail or threaten anyone, faction member or not.
- Any Ranger(s) who wish to move to a different city within the faction, must acquire permission from the Lord of the city in question.
- You cannot sell, gift or list a non-faction member as the inheritor of a Provincial Capital or Lore Build.
The laws below concern Lords only.
- Any problems which a Lord cannot handle themselves are to be brought before a higher authority (Steward, High-Lord, Prince or King)
- Any large expansion to a Provincial Capital (Citadel, Fort etc) must be made known to either the Moot/Senate, the King or both.
- Lords have the obligation to maintain good relations with friendly factions which their provinces border.
- Treat all faction members and allied players residing/who have a residence in your province with respect.
Laws which may only be altered or removed by the Moot/Senate; the King and any future King cannot do so.
- Combobobs' position of Steward cannot be altered or removed by anyone as he holds this title until he chooses to step down from it.
- Combobob is the Kings Proxy, and acts as King while the King is offline. As such, all members of the faction are to obey his instructions (In honor of everything he has done for the faction since its founding).
- If any faction member(s) is found to have committed treason against the faction, or to have acted in a way in which they knowingly facilitated the bringing or harm to an ally/allies, the player(s) in question will be banished and placed on the KOS (Kill on Sight) list for their crime(s).
- If the King steps down, the current Crown Prince will immediately take up the King position, and a vote will be held to determine who the new Crown Prince will be. Note that players who've only held the rank of Ranger for three months or less are not eligible to be voted in as Crown Prince.
- If there is no Crown Prince should the King step down, the Moot/Senate will vote in members for both positions. If this situation occurs, Combobob will be placed in charge of the faction until the vote is held.
- If the King is found to be acting against the best interests of the faction, or to have committed treason, the Moot/Senate will immediately strip him of his rank and any faction members who oppose this process shall be considered rebels, and dealt with as such.
- Any player who would claim to be King, Prince or Chancellor who is not currently the holder of that title is to be questioned. Should these false claims persist, the player(s) in question will be added to the KOS list.
Note: Lords may enact laws which apply to their own provinces and builds at will, however the above listed laws overrule any provincial laws.
Feburary 19, 2019 Law Inclusions
- Recruitment may be practiced by any member of the faction from Recruit to High-King
- Lords are required to produce at least one 'Recruitment Kit' a month which contains the following:
- A set of Ranger or province-specific armor with no negative modifiers on it
- A set of weapons (at least one melee and one ranged) with no negative modifiers on them
- Ammunition for said ranged weapon
- A 'Quest Book/Red Book'
- A stack of food
- A set of tools with no negative modifiers on them
- A medium or large pouch to hold all listed items
- 'Recruitment Kits' are to be stored at Fornost. Note that anytime a kit is placed in storage or taken out for use, the person doing so must inform the faction via the 'Community Chest' chat on the factions discord.
- Non-Lord faction members may choose to make these kits and sell them to a Lord for a fixed price of 200 coins. Note that Lords are not required to buy any kits made by non-Lord faction members.
- Recruitment Quests may only be one of two types:
- The recruit unlocks a biome/biomes
- The recruit acquires gear or item(s) for themselves
- At the end of every month, a 'Recruit Ceremony' will be held for any recruits who've completed all of their requirements to become a Ranger.
- This ceremony can only be held when applicable i.e when there are recruits who are eligible for it.
- The location of the ceremony alternates each month, with a vote being held as to which build will host it.
- Locations chosen to host a 'Recruit Ceremony' cannot be listed as an option to host another ceremony for at least 4 months, giving multiple builds a chance to host the ceremony.
- Locations chosen to host a 'Recruit Ceremony' must have either a normal waypoint or custom waypoint at or near the build in question which is accessible to everyone in the faction.
- Recruits attending the 'Recruit Ceremony' shall be awarded a full set of maxed Arnorian Armour, as well as a maxed Arnorian Sword and Spear. Note that some kits may include a maxed bow of varying type, this is not necessary however it is allowed.
- Gear sets awarded at the 'Recruit Ceremony' are called 'Award Sets' and are stored in the same location as 'Recruitment Kits'. They also follow the same guidelines as 'Recruitment Kits' (See Feb 19, 2019 Law Inclusions Rule 3)
- At the end of every fourth month (April, August & December) The Dúnedain Fellowship shall be purged of inactive members.
- Inactive is defined by the Kingdom of Arnor as follows:
- A faction member who has been offline for a period of 6 weeks at a minimum.
- This will be overlooked if a player eligible for the purge has mentioned that they will be away for an extended period of time (ex: broken computer, gone on vacation etc).
- The Inactivity Purge is the solely the responsibility of the High-Lords.
- The names of players kicked by the Inactivity Purge are required to be recorded by the High-Lord in charge of the current purge for record keeping purposes.
- All treaties which the Kingdom of Arnor enters into will have a book recording the details of said treaty written down on the server.
- Every treaty is to be copied and at least one copy of each treaty is to be kept in each provincial capital.
- Each provincial capital is to obtain and display books containing the most up-to-date Arnorian Laws.
- All treaty and law books mentioned above must be kept/displayed in a building which all Rangers may have free access to.
Coalition of Dawn
The Kingdom of Arnor is one of the three founding kingdoms which make up the Coalition of Dawn (COD). Faction representatives are:
- King: Elendil_The_Tall
- High-Lord: RomanGuy1453
- High-Lord: TheBaryonyx
Rules concerning the Coalition
As a Coalition member, it is the duty of all Rangers to ensure that they do not engage in combat with other coalition memebers (Gondor, Rohan & Dale) outside of friendly PvP (Arena battles, agreed upon bounty-killing etc).
Rules concerning the White Council
As members of the White Council, it is the duty of all Rangers to ensure that they do not engage in combat with other Council states (Woodland Elves, High Elves, Gondor, Durin's Folk, Blue Dwarves, Arnor, Rohan, Lothlorien) outside of friendly PvP (Arena battles, agreed upon bounty-killing etc).
Interfactional Alliances Arnor is a member of:
- The White Council
- The Coalition of Dawn
Friendly Factions (the feeling may not be mutual) :
- The High Elves
- The Woodland Realm
- Dwarven Lords Council
- Kingdom of Gondor
- Kingdom of Rohan
- Kingdom of Dale
- Forochel Dwarves
- Forodren Gwaith
Neutral Factions (the feeling may not be mutual):
- United Tribes of the Tauredain
- Republic of Lebennin
Hostile Factions (the feeling may not be mutual) :
- The Mordor Dominion
- Astrasi Empire
If you are a Ranger in different territory you must:
- Follow server rules,
- Follow treaties which involve:
- Coalition of Dawn Treaties
- The White Council Treaties
- Ranger Treaties
- No killing between Arnor and Dale members
- No killing between Arnor and Hobbit members
- If there is a siege occurring and Arnor is not a faction involved in that war, members may only join if they have permission from the King, Prince, High-Lord(s) or Steward
- If the defending or attacking faction requests help from the government of Arnor, and the Moot/Senate votes to lend aid, you're encouraged to fight.
- Do not engage in random skirmishes or sieges without the consent of a Lord or higher authority.
NOTE: For clarification, 'siege' does not mean the randomly held events wherein you are teleported to a PvP map made by the staff, everyone is free to participate in those at will.
Durin's Folk • Kingdom of Khazad-dûm • Dwarves of Erebor • Dwarves of the Iron Hills • The Dwarves of the Mountains of the Wind • Dwarves of the Red Mountains • Blue Dwarves • Dwarves of the Grey Mountains• Northern Longbeard Dwarves
Elves and Ents:
Orcs and Uruks:
Northmen and Dúnedain
Peoples of Harad and Rhûn:
Kingdom Of Anduin •
Fire elves •
Kingdom of the Golden Wash •
Kingdom of the Isles •